Since 2014 the Humphrey School of Public Affairs at the University of Minnesota - Twin Cities, with support from the Bush Foundation, has awarded State government entities for their commitment and excellence in government redesign, which aims to improve results in local services, typically by using one of the following strategies:
- Creating greater accountability
- Using incentives, charges, and targeting to meet those in need
- Competitive contracting
- Funding consumers
- Collaboration or consolidation
- Prevention strategies that eliminate the need for a service
- Divesting current services to the community
More information on the 2020 awards coming in Spring, 2020.
For information on the Local Government Innovation Awards series, please go to lgia.umn.edu.